New to Beyond Zen Studio? New to Yoga? New to Pilates? We've got you covered!
Beyond Zen offers all-level classes, beginner level classes, and gentler practices. Be sure to choose the class that is right for your body and fitness level!
Making the Most Out of Class
- Don’t worry about how your body looks! Aim on turning inward and noticing how the practice makes you feel on the inside.
- You don't have to do every pose your instructor is leading the class to do. If a pose is uncomfortable or becomes uncomfortable to hold as long as the instructor requests, don't do it or come out of the pose. Spend time in child's pose or simply sitting comfortably, until the class moves on to a pose that's more comfortable for you.
- Consult your physician before beginning any form of physical fitness.
- Wear clothing that is loose and comfortable to you. Please make sure your clothing is free of buttons, zippers and any other adornments that may scratch the mats and equipment.
- Please plan on arriving a few minutes early to sign in, store your belongings in a cubby, and to set up your mat/props/reformer in the studio.
- Please plan on staying till the end of the class. Leaving early is disruptive to the practice of others.
- It is best to practice on an empty stomach. If you eat before your practice, please make sure that it is small and light.
- Listen to your body, if you experience pain, don’t do the pose. Inform your instructor of any discomfort as they can give you modifications and adjustments.
- Allow yourself to breathe deeply, relax and simply enjoy each pose and each moment of your practice.
- Remember: Every yogi was a beginner once! Yoga is for everyone, every body type and every mind set. Yoga is here to enhance your mood, your mindset and your entire life. Walk into your first class with an open mind, ready to accept everything your first class has to offer and you will walk out feeling like a new person!
New Client Special!
Sign Up for Our Monthly Newsletter!
Classes To Get You Started
- Gentle Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Healing Yoga
- Vinyasa Flow
- Pilates Mat
- Beginner Reformer
- Beginner Multi Apparatus